The AFRINIC-24 fellowship is reserved in priority for individuals representing small organisations, universities, and media who are actively involved in Internet operations and development or ICT policy in their countries and respective communities. The fellow is expected to positively and actively contribute to IP address management awareness in the AFRINIC service region.
To qualify for the fellowship, you:
- Must be a resident of an African nation
- Don't need to be an AFRINIC member
- Should have a technical (IT, Computer Science) background
- Must not have not benefited from previous AFRINIC fellowships
- Are willing to report on how this fellowship has benefited you/your organisation/country within an agreed time frame
The fellowship includes:
- Assistance with round-trip airfare to the meeting venue;
- Hotel accommodation for the duration of the AFRINIC Plenary sessions, from the day before the beginning of the Plenary to the last day of the event;
- A per diem allowance.
The Call for Fellowship will open in the month of February.